08 February 2011

Drained

I think the title of this post is perfect for how I'm feeling. It's been a very long day and I have absolutely no energy! I thought about not even posting but decided I should. Little man had another snow day so that means two boys in the house today!!! The school sent out the text for no school at 4:23 this morning. Seriously? Thankfully it didn't wake me this time. Back to what I was saying. I've had two wild kids on my hands today, one of which is potty training. Pee pants, climbing on furniture, and being mean to each other doesn't make for a very good day.
Most days I handle it okay. Not today. My grandpa was put into the hospital on Sunday so I'm stressed out over that. He is pretty much like a dad to me and it kills me to see him in his battle for life. He has lived longer than they expected he would with the type of lung cancer he has. My mom is having an even tougher time dealing with it and that breaks my heart! We are lucky he has made it this long and I think God for that. He has spent most of the time sick though. We all know he is so tired. Is it selfish to want him to hang on? I can't imagine life without him but I know he is close to the end. I try to imagine if I were in his shoes. I just don't know... This is the time when our family should come together and put the petty drama aside. I'm 23 and I understand that but for some reason adults much older than me haven't grasped this yet. Ugh it makes me so sick I want to scream! My grandfather is in his hospital bed and all she can think about is herself. I honestly think when she wakes up in the morning she wonders how she can screw someone over. Sorry I'm ranting but I just don't know how anyone can be this way. I guess I don't have that evil bone in my body, but I couldn't do these cruel things.

Me and one of the greatest men I know. My grandpa.
Enough with that. Tonight is ASVAB night. Hopefully hubby has lots of smart testers! It's harder to pass the test to enlist these days and qualified applicants are hard to find. This puts stress on the hubby so I don't like that part of the job. I'm not sure how many testers he has tonight but he is very lucky if he gets 1 or 2 that pass. Cross your fingers and I'll cross mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment